This morning I tried to have some coffee before both kids woke up, but that didn’t happen. Hours later I noticed my mostly full mug of coffee was cold. No wonder I was still dragging! Today is a rare day where both kids are napping at the same time, so I decided to make myself a “fancy” cup of coffee. I wanted Starbucks, but I hate to spend so much on coffee every time I get the craving (Which, let’s be honest, is daily- almost multiple times a day). I got the idea here, it’s a copy cat white mocha that doesn’t involve an espresso machine. It’s not exactly the same but it sure hit the spot today.
You will need:
- Strong coffee, freshly brewed
- 2/3 C milk (The original post-er used whole but I used 1%)
- 1/2 C white chocolate baking chips
- Whipped cream
- Cinnamon (garnish)
- White chocolate shavings (garnish)
- Add milk and chocolate chips to saucepan or double boiler and heat until the chips are melted and milk is hot.
- While that is melting, start your coffee. (I used my Keurig)
- Add your melted mixture into your coffee until it reaches the top of your mug. Add whip cream.
- If desired, add a sprinkle of cinnamon or chocolate shavings.
Makes enough for two lattes or one large latte. And yes, I put mine in a Starbucks mug. 😉
You can always use other flavors of chocolate chips, there are all kinds out there to customize for your preferences! I’m thinking peppermint around Christmas? Caramel? Milk chocolate? Mmmm….